RAINBOW POTATO PANCAKES serves 4
2 1/2 pounds, washed, unpeeled and shredded*
1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded*
1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
1 small bunch green onions, sliced thin
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2 tablespoons Wondra
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
fresh ground black pepper, taste
avocado oil or butter
- Shred potatoes and carrot into a large cheese or flour sack cloth (smooth and thin fabric).
- Pull all four corners together and wring the cloth to rid the veggies of ALL water.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the dried potatoes, carrots, red pepper and green onions, reserving a few green onion tops for garnish.
- Sprinkle flour, salt and pepper over top.
- Pour eggs over top and toss like a salad until all the vegetables are well mixed and coated with the eggs.
- On a large griddle heat butter to melted over medium high heat.
- using a 1/4 cup measure portion out the potato mixture into several pancakes and flatten to thin rounds.
- Fry until golden and then flip cooking second side until golden.
- Keep warm while cooking in batches.
- Serve with sour cream and applesauce.