The beauty of this recipe is that you can change the flavor just by changing out one ingredient! Today I used Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar, but I have also made it with Champagne vinegar, Cinnamon Pear vinegar, etc… This chicken is always plump, juicy and delectable.
BLACKBERRY GINGER GRILLED CHICKEN with RANCH FRENCH FRIES
1/2 cup Avocado oil*
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar – flavor of your choice
1/4 cup Bragg’s Amino Acids
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1 large lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons fresh ground Pink Himalayan salt
2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6 chicken breasts
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the chicken.
- Remove 1 half cup of marinade and reserve for basting chicken while it grills.
- Wash and dry chicken pieces.
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in an airtight container and cover with marinade. I use a Tupperware marinade that can be turned over ever little while. Marinade at least 4 hours, but I prefer overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium and lightly oil your grates.
- remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip off.
- Grill chicken 6 minutes per side or until cooked all through.
- Baste chicken with reserve marinade while grilling.
- Let chicken rest under foil tent for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- While chicken is resting, bring reserve marinade to boil and simmer until thickened for a sauce.*NOTE: If you prefer you can use olive oil. I just don’t like it.
RANCH FRENCH FRITES
1 small Russset potato per person
1 tablespoon Avocado oil
Fresh ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon Ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Wash potatoes and dry well.
- Slice potatoes into even size sticks.
- Toss potato sticks with avocado oil and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Arrange potato sticks in a single layer on the cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Toss again with 1 teaspoon of Ranch seasoning and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- While frites are baking, prepare chicken.