PAN SEARED SEA BASS with LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
2-6 ounce sea bass fillets
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 + 1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
1 lemon, sliced
Fresh ground sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Over a medium high heat heat 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet.
- Coat each fillet with avocado oil and generously season with the fresh ground salt and pepper.
- When sizzling, add each fillet to hot oil and cook for 5 minutes before flipping and cooking on the other side for 4 more minutes.
- While fillets are cooking melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add garlic, sautéing about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon slices, cooking until slightly thick.
- Plate fillets and top with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Thanks for sharing at our What’s for Dinner party! Hope your week has been great – come back again this Sunday for the new party too!
LOVED it. The only 2 things I did differently was to use a cast iron skillet for a different sear, and I took the fish out of the skillet, then added more butter the garlic and the lemon…let it cook and reduce, then covered the fish that I had on top of steamed spinach. I could eat another plate right now!
Oh WOW that sounds great! I’m so glad you enjoyed it and shared your changes! 😀