MAPLE GINGER CHICKEN
4 bone-in chicken thighs
3/4 cup apple cider
1/2 cup PURE maple syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 shallot, finely sliced
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
4 sprigs FRESH thyme leaves (Rosemary works too in a pinch)
3/4 teaspoon FRESH ground salt
1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground pepper
3 medium apples or pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- Place a large Ziploc bag in a large mixing bowl (just win case the bag breaks)
- Combine the apple cider, maple syrup, vinegar, shallot, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, seal and refrigerate for 12-24 hours, turning once or twice to make sure chicken is well coated.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Arrange chicken pieces skin side up in a large baking dish.
- Tuck apples and thyme sprigs among the chicken pieces.
- Pour marinade over top of the chicken.
- Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour, basting occasionally until chicken is cooked through and the meat is starting to pull away from the bone.
- Serve chicken and fruit with sauce spooned over top.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.
Your Maple Ginger Chicken is awesome and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
[…] MAPLE GINGER CHICKEN THIGHS & HONEY ROASTED CARROTS […]