CHICKEN FRIED HAMBURGER STEAKS
We “chicken” fry steak, chicken and even pork. So, why not ground beef?
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup self-rising flour, use leftover seasoned flour for the gravy
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound lean ground beef
- Whisk together the egg and milk in shallow dish. Set aside.
- In another shallow dish whisk together the flour, seasoning salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Shape ground beef into three equal sized oval “steaks” and flatten into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Add each “steak” one at a time to egg mixture, coating both sides well.
- Then add each “steak” to seasoned flour, making sure to cover each side well.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add “steaks” to hot oil and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove “steaks” from skillet and keep warm while you make gravy.
3 tablespoons seasoned flour
3 tablespoons avocado oil
1 cup milk
- Drain all but 3 tablespoons of the oil from the skillet, add flour and stir into oil until a paste like texture is reached and flour is golden.
- Warm the milk before adding to roux.
- Whisk in milk gradually until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Pour gravy over “steaks” and mashed potatoes.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.
Oh my, your Chicken Fried Hamburger Steaks look like a little bit of heaven! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon