This is a wonderful fall or winter recipe!
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN with BACON GRAVY serves 4
adapted from Sarah Olson
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
FRESH ground pepper, to taste
4 sprigs FRESH thyme
2 bunches green onions, sliced thin
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 slices bacon, diced and cooked crisp
1 Pioneer country gravy packet dry mix DO NOT PREPARE PER PACKAGE
1 Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing packet dry mix DO NOT PREPARE PER PACKAGE
2 1/4 cups water
1 cup heavy cream
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
- Add the garlic, green onions and bacon.
- Lay thyme sprigs on top.
- Whisk together the gravy mix and ranch dressing packets water until smooth.
- Pour the gravy mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Stir heavy cream into gravy mixture until well blended.
- Return chicken to gravy mixture and stir to coat well.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
[…] CHICKEN in BACON RANCH GRAVY not a great picture, but oh so tasty! […]