This is a rich indulgent brunch recipe that is also super easy to prepare in advance for those special holiday mornings.
CROISSANT BERRY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
15 mini BUTTER croissants
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup SUPERFINE sugar
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1/3 cup currants
1/2 cup small WILD blueberries
6 LARGE eggs
1 cup half and half
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1 teaspoon QUALITY ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons PURE maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Slice each croissant length-wise, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto the inside of each croissant.
- Divide strawberry slices evenly between the croissants laying them onto the cream cheese and close the croissants.
- Sprinkle with currants.
- Layer the croissants into the dish, packing them tightly.
- Sprinkle the blueberries throughout the dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Pour egg mixture SLOWLY over the croissants, making sure to get some into every nook and cranny.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours or bake right away.
- When ready to bake, COVER and bake for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Serve with more maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Leave a reply