PECAN CHICKEN with MAPLE CREAM GRAVY
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or 2 pounds chicken tenders
1 cup buttermilk
Avocado oil or your favorite for frying or just plain old crisco
3/4 cup FINELY chopped or crushed pecan pieces
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons FRESH ground Himalayan pink salt
FRESH ground black pepper, to taste
- Place chicken in large ziplock bag with buttermilk.
- Chill for 8 hours.
- Pour oil to a 1 inch depth in your favorite deep skillet, preferably cast iron.
- Mix together the pecans, flour, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Fry chicken 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Drain on wire rack.
MAPLE CREAM SAUCE
4 slices thick bacon, diced
1 shallot, minced
3 tablespoons Wondra flour
1/2 cup PURE and QUALITY maple syrup
1/4 cup whole grain mustard (optional)
1/3 cup bourbon
2 cups heavy cream
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon remove bacon to paper toweling to drain.
- Add shallots to bacon grease and sauce 2 minutes or so until tender.
- Add flour, stirring constantly until golden.
- Add syrup, bourbon and mustard if using. Stir constantly until thickens.
- Add cream, stirring constantly 5-7 minutes until desired consistency.
- Fold in bacon.
- Plate chicken
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Ladle sauce over chicken and potatoes.
This maple cream sauce sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing your recipe with the fiesta
Oh this sounds yummy, I will be trying this for sure! Also added it to my Pinterest!!
What a lovely dish. Maple cream sauce sounds amazing. Takes chicken to another level. Thanks for sharing at Love Your Creativity. I am happy to feature your chicken dish on Sunday.
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Please stay safe and healthy. Come party with us at Over The Moon! Catapult your content Over The Moon! @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarn
I love the sound of the maple cream gravy! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, it was so good!