This recipe is the result of 3 recipes combined together. The flavor profile is so unique, it’s actually hard to describe. They are tangy, they are sweet and they are purple! 😀 BUT, they are delicious!!!!
BAKED CRANBERRY MEATBALLS makes 50+ meatballs
1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce (use this link for the homemade sauce recipe or see notes)
1 1/2 cups sauerkraut
12 ounces Heinz chili sauce
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 shallot, chopped
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
2 pounds ground beef
2 LARGE eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the soup mix and bread crumbs.
- Crumble beef over top.
- Pour eggs over top and gently mix with your hands JUST until combined.
- Shape into evenly sized meatballs and place in baking dish.
- In a large saucepan combine the chili sauce, cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, chicken broth, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat JUST to a boil over medium heat stirring to dissolve all the sugar.
- Pour over uncooked meatballs.
- Baked covered 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes more until cooked through and sauce is thickened.
NOTES: I like to use homemade cranberry sauce, but you can easily use a can of Ocean Spray whole berry sauce.
Leave a reply