BLUEBERRY-ORANGE JAM yields about 12 half-pints
8 cups crushed blueberries
2 large oranges, zested – 1 juiced and 1 chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup orange juice
1-2 tablespoons orange zest
8 cups sugar
1 pouch liquid pectin
1 tablespoon butter
- Heat large dutch oven with berries, chopped oranges, orange juice and sugar, stirring until sugar is completely absorbed.
- Simmer 10 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add orange zest and bring to a ROLLING boil.
- Add pectin and boil 5 minutes more.
- Add butter and stir down boil and froth.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Clean tops and add seal.
- Screw rings down over seals as tight as you can.
- Water bath in boiling water 15 minutes.
- Invert jars onto a towel and allow to cool.
Leave a reply