STUFFED BALSAMIC CHICKEN – servings 4
Stuffed Balsamic Chicken is a twist on the more traditional Caprese salad. The hicken breasts are filled with both fresh AND Sun Dried Tomatoes for a flavor packed punch!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to season
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced**
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, cut into strips (reserve oil)
4 thick slices mozzarella cheese
12 basil leaves**
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup QUALITY strong balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice a pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through on the thickest side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way. Generously season chicken with salt, pepper, and dried herbs.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of sun dried tomato oil over each breast, rubbing some of the seasoning inside the pockets. Fill each chicken breast with 2 slices fresh tomato, 2 teaspoons of sun dried tomato strips, one slice mozzarella cheese and 3 basil basil leaves. Seal with 3-4 toothpicks diagonally to keep the filling inside while cooking.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of sun dried tomato oil (or olive oil) in a skillet or non stick, oven proof pan (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk together the garlic, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the pan around the chicken; bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally, until the glaze has slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer pan to the preheated oven and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Remove toothpicks and drizzle with pan juices.
NOTE** In a pinch I use sliced grape tomatoes and Garden Gourmet basil paste and see no flavor difference in the overall taste.
You are kicking it out of the ballpark here with yet another better than the classic tasty recipe. I can just picture what it would taste like with all that cheese!!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Fiesta Friday!
Oh wow, this looks so amazing! Thank you so much for linking with us at Creative Muster! Pinned this! Blessings to you. xoxo Sharon from Adoring Creations
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Happy Holiday!
Thank you, have a GREAT weekend.
That sounds delicious! Pinning to try.
I hope you enjoy it.
We are going to love this recipe and I can’t wait to try it! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday,442 and come back soon!
This sounds like a great dish – I’m sure my boys would love it. Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday.
Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party!
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared.
So have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.
[…] PLANS FOR THE WEEK MONDAY – HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS TUESDAY – STUFFED BALSAMIC CHICKEN & broccoliWEDNESDAY – PIRI PIRI CHICKEN & GREEN BEANS THURSDAY – OUT FRIDAY […]