Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Bacon will become your NEW favorite way to eat Brussels Sprouts! Pan fried PLUS bacon and baked in a cheesy creamy garlic sauce topped with bubbling mozzarella and Parmesan cheese is a sure fire winner! This recipe is guaranteed to convert ANY sprouts hating fan! BUT, and this is a GREAT but, this recipe is even better with carrots!
CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS
10 ounces bacon, diced
2 tablespoons butter
2 pounds Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed bottom and cut sprouts in half
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with
1 tablespoon water cornstarch slurry
1/3 cup fresh grated mozzarella
1/4 cup fresh shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Fry the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the oil. Set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan, leaving about 2 tablespoons for added flavor.
- In the same pan, melt the butter.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
- Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook while stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes.
- The edges should start crisping and slightly charring.
- Add in the garlic and stir it through the sprouts for a minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the cream, reduce heat down to low and allow them to come to a SLOW simmer until tender, another 3-4 minutes.
- If the sauce is too thin, whisk together the cornstarch and water and add to sauce stirring it through until combined.
- Add the bacon in and mix well to blend all of the flavors together.
- Top the sprouts with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and Brussels sprouts are done to your liking, about 15 minutes. If you like your cheese browned, change oven settings to broil for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- Season to taste before serving.