BUTTER BRAISED PORK ROAST ala SLOW COOKER
3-4 pound pork loin
1 bunch green onions, sliced
3 cloves Garlic, minced
4-5 FRESH sprigs of thyme leaves
1 cube KNORR cilantro
1 cube KNORR chipotle
1 cube KNORR garlic
1 tablespoon MONTANA MEX sweet seasoning blend
1 Pinch red pepper flakes
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper 1/2 cup butter, divided
- Blot pork roast dry and generously season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear all sides of roast 1-2 minutes.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Wipe out skillet of excess oil.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Whisk in seasonings and thyme leaves.
- Add onions, sautéing a minute.
- Add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Pour over pork roast.
- Cook on LOW 5 hours.
- Move pork roast to a plate to rest and cover with foil.
stock from slow cooker
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon better than bouillon chicken stock
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Whisk in cornstarch and flour.
- Add chicken stock and whisk until smooth.
- Add renderings from the slow cooker and whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Adjust seasoning and serve over mashed potatoes with gravy.