It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. Head over to get the questions and answer them on your blog. Come play along!
1. The Hodgepodge lands on National Dog Day this year (August 26th). Do you own a dog? Did you have a dog when you were growing up, or maybe some other kind of pet? Would you say you’re more of a dog person or a cat person? Neither is okay too : ) To start with you don’t “own” pets in my book. They are a part of your family as your fur children. We had 2, Gunner (a black lab) and Whiskey (a golden retriever). They both had their own distinct personalities, were definitely our fur children and lived good long lives – Gunner was almost 17 and Whiskey almost 16 when they passed. Our vet wanted to know what we were feeding them! We also had 2 cats, Sady (a gray sable) and Dickens (a tiger striped) who led similarly long lives. Sady was going on 20 when she passed and Dickens was going on 21. We don’t have any right now, but will probably get a couple kittens after we choose our next project house.
They always ate like they don’t get fed twice a day! They always choose the same bowl no matter what position they are in.
2. Last time you felt ‘dog tired’? That would have to be when we moved the last time. It was summer in Texas (high heat and extremely humid) and only 6 months after my last surgery.
3. It’s said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. When did you last prove this idiom true or prove it wrong? I’ve never believed this. We (people and dogs) have the ability to learn new “tricks” if we set our mind to it 😀
4. A favorite book, television show, or movie featuring a dog. Why did you love it? I can’t think of a specific one right now, BUT I can say that if you want me to listen to your commercial, put a dog in it! Especially a golden retriever. Add a kid and I’ll probably consider buying your product.
5. Last time you had reason to (literally or figuratively) exclaim ‘hot diggity dog’? Good question, unfortunately I can’t think of a good answer LOL 😀
6. Insert your own random thought here.