HORSEY GARLIC MAC & CHEESE
5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and FINELY crumbled
1 1/2 + 2 tablespoons butter
1/8 cup WONDRA flour
5 ounce can evaporated milk
3/4 cup 2% milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup grated Vampire Slayer (Garlic) cheese**
3/4 cup grated Horseradish cheese**
1/2 pound elbow macaroni, prepared per package instructions
2 teaspoons FRESH ground thyme
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter to dutch oven and melt.
- Whisk in flour until golden.
- Season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add evaporated milk, 2% milk and heavy cream, whisking 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add cheeses, stirring until smooth.
- Add macaroni and thyme, blending well.
- Spread into baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add Panko crumbs and stir 5 minutes until crisp and butter is well absorbed.
- Stir in bacon pieces.
- Sprinkle bread crumb bacon mixture over macaroni and cheese.
- Return to oven 5-10 minutes baking until golden and bubbly.
**NOTE: I’m sure many creameries make similar flavors, but these specifically come from FACE ROCK Creamery along the Oregon coast and have a tremendous flavor! My theory is that the cool ocean breezes make happier cows that produce better milk for tastier cheese 😀 The bacon never hurts either. 😀
It is so creamy and smooth – a great flavor combo 😀