PISTACHIO CRUSTED CHICKEN STEAKS
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons avocado oil
4-6 thin chicken steaks
1/2 cup FINELY crushed pistachios
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons FRESH minced tarragon or basil
2 cups Panko crumbs
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 cup all purpose flour, seasoned
2 LARGE eggs, beaten
- Combine the pistachios, Parmesan cheese and tarragon or basil in a food processor and pulse until well mixed.
- Set up a dredging station with 3 shallow bowls. Add the pistachio mixture to one shallow bowl, the eggs to another and the flour to a third.
- In a large skillet melt butter and avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Generously season the chicken steaks with the FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour first, shaking off excess followed by the egg and then the pistachio mixture.
- Add breaded chicken to hot oil mixture, searing 3-4 minutes per side. Nuts burn easily so keep a close watch! REDUCE HEAT IF NECESSARY! DO NOT CROWD PAN!
Thank you, it was SUPER delicious!