PAN FRIED PORK STEAK & POTATOES
2-4 criss cross cut boneless pork steaks
2 tablespoons avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
2 cups chopped Yukon potatoes
3/4 cup chopped carrots
1 SMALL bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Generously season pork steaks with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Rub pork steaks on both sides with oil.
- Heat heavy skillet over medium high heat with remaining oil.
- Sear steaks 3-4 minutes each side and then keep warm in oven while you prepare the potatoes.
- Add onions to skillet and saute 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute another 30 seconds or so until fragrant.
- Add potato and carrot pieces, frying until fork tender and crisp on the edges.
- Add in Italian herbs and sprinkle with paprika, stirring to coat and blend well.
- Add water and heavy cream, simmering a few minutes until thickened.