PHILLY CHEESESTEAK EGG ROLLS yields 15 egg rolls
1 pound ribeye, sliced thin
1 tablespoon butter
1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cup WHOLE milk
1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
1 ounce Velveeta cheese
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
15 egg roll wrappers
oil for frying
Sweet chili sauce for dipping
- In a large skillet melt the butter.
- Cook steak slices 4-6 minutes over medium high heat until browned.
- Add pepper slices and onions stirring 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in milk and cheeses until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cool.
- Place 2 tablespoons of filling in the center of an egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner up over filling.
- Fold sides over filling.
- Wet remaining edges with water.
- Roll tightly until edges are sealed.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers.
- Heat oil to 375°.
- Fry egg rolls until golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve hot with chili sauce.