BBQ PORK SANDWICHES
2-4 pound boneless pork butt
8 ounces tomato sauce
16 ounces BBQ sauce (whatever your favorite is)
1 large onion, SMALL chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Whisk together the tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, chili powder, cumin and cinnamon until well blended.
- Stir in onion pieces.
- Add mixture to a large dutch oven.
- Generously season pork with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Submerge pork in sauce, turning to coat.
- Bring to a boil and then immediately reduce to low and simmer 4 hours or until meat is tender and shreds easily.
- Shred meat into sauce and keep warm until ready to serve.
NOTE: If you prefer this can be baked in the oven using the same pan and time frame.