CHICKEN BLT PASTA SALAD
16 ounces macaroni (or your choice)
1 pound of bacon, chopped in small pieces and fried crisp, for garnish
2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
1 LARGE red onion, chopped
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 cups chopped Romaine Lettuce
1 1/2 cups chopped Ice Berg Lettuce
3 cups total shredded Sharp Cheddar and Monterey Jack or flavor of choice
FRESH chopped tarragon, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and cool.
- In a cast iron skillet, render the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon to drain on paper towels.
- In a LARGE mixing bowl, mix together the cooled pasta, chicken, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and shredded cheese.
- Pour the dressing (recipe below) over the salad and mix well.
- Cover the salad and place in the refrigerator for at LEAST 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with the crisp bacon and fresh herbs before serving.
1 cup DUKES mayonnaise
3 tablespoon Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
3/4 cups WHOLE milk
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped tarragon
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Whisk all the ingredients in a jar.
- Place the lid on the jar and shake until the dressing is completely mixed.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Add more milk a little at a time until you have the consistency that you want.
- If you’re in a hurry, you can substitute 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk Ranch dressing.
- If you plan to have leftovers, toss with lettuce just prior to serving each time.
This post originally ran at 3 Sides of Crazy for these memes:
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, Tuesdays at the Table is normally hosted by Andrea over at My Chihauhau Bites but Andrea is taking a break while she has her baby and is being hosted by Cole for a while. Trista over at Southern Fried Mama hosts Tasty Thursday and Joy of desserts hosts Vintage Recipe Thursday.
Originally posted at OKK July 8, 2009
Updated August 31, 2022