1 + 2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 pieces prosciutto
1-2 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
1/2 cup FRESH small green peas
1 teaspoon red chile flakes, crushed
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 LARGE lemon, juiced
2 cups penne pasta
1/4 cup FRESH chopped Italian Leaf parsley
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup FINELY shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add pasta cook al dente, 9-11 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet add a drizzle of oil over medium high heat. Add prosciutto slices in a single layer, cooking 2-3 minutes per side until crispy. Do not clean pan.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Pat chicken dry and generously season with FRESH ground sea salt, black pepper and crushed red chile flakes.
- Add butter to skillet.
- When melted add garlic sauteing 30 seconds.
- Add chicken steaks sauteing 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board.
- Whisk flour into drippings.
- Add cream cheese and heavy cream to skillet, whisking to combine.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add lemon juice and parsley, stirring to blend.
- Add pasta and peas, folding in to coat, cooking a couple minutes until warmed through.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Plate pasta.
- Top with chicken slices, prosciutto and Parmesan cheese.
TASTE: Creamy and full of rich flavor.
TEXTURE: Al dente noodles and crispy chicken in a creamy sauce are the star of this meal.
EASE: Easy to Moderate.
APPEARANCE: Appetizing and visually appealing.
PROS: Great meal for company.
CONS: None that I found!
WOULD I MAKE THIS AGAIN? DEFINITELY Yes.