PORK STEAKS with APPLE CREAM SAUCE
2 LARGE pork steaks
1 LARGE apple, cored and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons apple brandy
1/4 cup chicken broth or white wine
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme
2 tablespoons butter
1 LARGE shallot, sliced thin
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/3 cup half and half
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- Generously season pork steaks with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium high heat.
- Brown pork steaks on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add shallots to pan, sauteing until softened.
- Add apple slices, sauteing 2-3 minutes. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
- Add apple brandy, cooking 30 seconds more.
- Add chicken broth or white wine.
- Bring to a SLOW boil, simmering for 5 minutes.
- Add pork and apples.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes until pork is cooked through.
- Whisk together cream, mustard (if using) and cornstarch.
- Stir into the apple mixture and heat through, simmering until sauce is thickened.