COPY CAT MOZZARELLA HERB CHICKEN
2 large boneless, skinless chicken steaks
Juice and zest of 1 LARGE lemon
2 LARGE carrots, sliced diagonally
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon melted
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon + 1 pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 cup homemade chicken stock
1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon chicken base
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together the panko crumbs, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon melted butter, FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss carrots with the avocado oil, FRESH ground salt and black pepper and the pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Arrange carrots on one side of baking sheet in single layer.
- Roast carrots for 5 minutes.
- Pat chicken dry and generously season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Spread sour cream on each chicken steak.
- Mound panko mixture on top of each breast, pressing firmly so that it adheres.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully arrange chicken steaks on the other side.
- Return baking sheet to pan and roast 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender.
- Whisk together melted butter and lemon juice.
- Plate chicken and carrots.
- Drizzle with lemon juice mixture and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Serve with pasta or rice pilaf.