RUSTIC TOMATO TART
1/2 package Pillsbury pie crust or homemade
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons tomato or basil pesto
3/4 cup shredded Havarti cheese
1-2 LARGE heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch slices
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon FRESH thyme leaves
1-2 green onions, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pie dough and shape into baking sheet dimensions creating an edge.
- Brush with oil and pesto of choice.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the cheese onto the crust.
- Arrange tomato slices over the cheese.
- Season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Garnish and serve.