Do you love a good snickerdoodle? What could be better than a warm cookie? Warm bread of course!
SNICKER DOODLE BREAD
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons QUALITY cinnamon (see notes)
1 bag Hershey’s cinnamon chips (see notes)
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 LARGE eggs
1 tablespoon PURE vanilla
3/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 3 loaf pans.
- Sift together the flour baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Fold in cinnamon chips and Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, blending until fluffy and uniform in color.
- Mix in vanilla and sour cream.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients.
- Distribute evenly amongst the loaf pans.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe easily transforms into a seasonal taste by using apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice in combination with the cinnamon.
- You can also substitute the cinnamon chips for butterscotch chips.