APPLE BALSAMIC CHICKEN serves 4
The sweet and tart flavor from the apple juice and vinegar give you the PERFECT bite.
1/2 cup homemade chicken broth
1/4 cup apple cider
1/4 cup balsamic or champagne vinegar
Juice of 1 FRESH lemon juice
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon FRESH thyme leaves
1-1 1/2 pounds chicken breast steaks
2+2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
FRESH apples, to garnish if desired
- Combine chicken broth, apple cider, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, FRESH thyme leaves, whisking to blend. Set aside.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Generously season chicken steaks with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken steaks in flour, reserving remaining flour for use in the gravy.
- Sear chicken steaks 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a small saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Whisk in 2 tablespoons of the reserved flour until combined, cooking until golden.
- Gradually add liquids, whisking continually.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add liquids.
- Cook 3-4 minutes and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
- Garnish with apples if desired.