Cooking for a crowd? Try this classic fettuccine Alfredo sauce combined with tender fettuccine and then baked to perfection for an easy to prepare and serve version!
BAKED FETTUCCINE ALFREDO Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
16 ounces fettuccine
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
2-3 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
1 cup homemade chicken broth
1 1/2 cups WHOLE milk
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
1/8 teaspoon FRESH ground nutmeg
FRESH ground Salt and pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually and alternately whisk in the chicken broth and milk, stirring until smooth. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Reduce heat and add half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Season to taste with herbs de Provence, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Combine the sauce with the cooked linguine and toss to coat well.
- Transfer the pasta to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley for garnish.
NOTE: Don’t be afraid to add more milk to thin out the sauce as necessary to your desired consistency.