This is one of those go to granny recipes that every southern lady has made for eons. Always reliable and works with any fruit or fruit combination.
CRUNCHY FRUIT CRISP
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
1 JUMBO egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 cups chopped or sliced FRESH fruit
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together the bisquick baking mix, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add melted butter and egg, stirring JUST until incorporated.
- Spread two-thirds of dough into baking dish.
- Arrange fruit pieces over dough.
1/3 cup PACKED brown sugar
- Add brown sugar to remaining dough until crumbly.
- Crumble Over fruit.
- Bake 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and top is crispy and golden.