Flavorful chicken made with a creamy tomato rose sauce in your slow cooker and ready to serve over your favorite pasta in no time at all.
CHICKEN in TOMATO ROSE SAUCE ala CROCKPOT
1 pound boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite sized pieces or slivers
1 small bunch green onion FINELY minced
2-3 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
1/2 cup of your favorite Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese + more for serving
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon dried oregano
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
FRESH chopped Italian parsley
- Whisk together the garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Generously season chicken pieces with seasoning mix.
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker with non-stick spray or line with liners.
- Place chicken pieces in the bottom of the cooker.
- Top with onions and garlic.
- Whisk together the alfredo and red sauce and pour over chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle both cheeses over the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until cooked thoroughly. (See notes)
- Gently toss together to coat chicken.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and a bit more grated Parmesan
NOTE: If you wish to cook your chicken on the low setting, increase your cooking time to 3-4 hours, depending on the size of your chicken pieces.