RED PEPPER GLAZED HALIBUT
2 Halibut Fillets
FRESH ground salt and pepper
1 green onion, sliced thin
- Adjust oven rack to 6 inches below broiler.
- PREHEAT broiler.
- Line baking sheet with foil.Place baking rack on top of foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Generously season fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Arrange fillets on baking rack.
- Generously brush tops of fillets with glaze.
- Broil fillets for 2 minutes.
- Flip fillets. Generously brush with glaze and return to oven another 2-3 minutes until they flake easily.
- Serve with rice, potatoes or veggies of choice and remaining glaze.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions as garnish.
1/2 cup apple jelly (I use apricot a good deal of the time)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 green onions, sliced thin
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1 tablespoons QUALITY honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small sauce pan whisk together the jelly, red pepper flakes, vinegar, green onions, liquid aminos, honey, avocado oil, sesame oil and green onions.
- Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until syrupy and reduced by about half.
HALIBUT with HABANERO BEURRE BLANC serves 2
2-6 ounce halibut
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1 SMALL shallot, sliced thin
1/2 cup dry white wine (Reisling)
1 tablespoon heavy cream
2 tablespoons Humble house Habanero & Aji Amarillo Sauce
6 tablespoons salted butter, cold and cubed
- Heat avocado oil and 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Generously season each piece of halibut with salt and pepper. Sear each side 3-4 minutes.
- While searing halibut, combine garlic, shallots and white wine in a small sauce pan over medium high heat abut 5 minutes until reduced by half.
- Add Habanero sauce and cream, whisking to combine and heat through.
- Reduce heat to LOW and whisk in cold cubed butter, one piece at a time until completely blended.
- Plate fish and top with sauce and lemon wedges.
- Serve immediately!
CELEBRATE YOUR STORY, CRAFTASTIC MONDAY, DISHING IT & DIGGING IT, NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, SHOW & TELL, SUNDAYS AT HOME, SUNDAY’S BEST, THAT DIY PARTY, JCOOKING & CRAFTING WITH J&J, INPIRATION MONDAY , INSPIRE ME MONDAY , MADE BY YOU MONDAY, MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH MONDAY, MERRY MONDAY, MIX IT UP MONDAY, MOTIVATE ME MONDAY, PROJECT INSPIRED, SHOW AND SHARE, TUTORIALS & TIP , DIY TUESDAYS, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY, THE SCOOP, TREASURE BOX TUESDAY, TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME, TUESDAYS WITH A TWIST, CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS, SHARE YOUR CUP , WINTER BLUES WEDNESDAY, WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY, SHOW ME WEDNESDAYS, WOW US WEDNESDAY , CREATIVE CIRCLE, DAGMAR’S PARTY, HOME SWEET HOME, FAVORITE THINGS, GRACE AT HOME, HOME MATTERS, PIN JUNKIE PIN PARTY, TALK OF THE TOWN, BLOGGER’S PIT STOP, HANDMADE HANGOUT, PRETTY PINTASTIC PARTY, SHARE IT ONE MORE TIME, SWAY SHAREFEST, WHAT TO DO WEEKENDS PARTY, BOUQUET OF TALENT PARTY, INSPIRE-BE-INSPIRED, RAE GUN BLOCK PARTY, I’M LOVIN’ IT, THIS IS HOW WE ROLL THURSDAY, FULL PLATE THURSDAY, FRIDAY FOODIE