3 Layer White Cake with Fresh Strawberries
1 box of vanilla or white cake mix batter prepared
2-4 tablespoons strawberry jam
At least 1 cup of fresh strawberries
4 cups of whipped cream frosting
- Prepare white or vanilla boxed cake mix batter according to directions.*
- Divide the prepared batter into three greased and floured 8″ or 9″ pans and bake for approximately One Third Less Time than a Double layer cake. So, for instance, if two 9″ layers require 27-30 minutes of baking at 350 degrees, bake three layers for approximately 18-20 minutes. (And who says you never use Algebra after school?)
- Cool cakes completely.
- Wash, hull, and thoroughly dry strawberries, and slice 2/3 cup of berries into 1/4″ slices.
- Slice the remaining berries into halves for the top of the cake.
- Spread a thin layer of strawberry jam on one layer.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup of sliced berries on top of jam layer and then cover with whipped cream frosting.
- Repeat jam, berries, and frosting in between top and second layers.
- Frost sides and top of cake and decorate with strawberry halves.
- Keep chilled until serving.
I hope you enjoy this little slice of sweetness, thank you, Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential