We love this recipe because it is so easy to personalize it. Hubby LOVES Bleu Cheese, me not so much so I can make mine with cheddar or Jack.
BUFFALO CHICKEN FRITES
2 russet potatoes
2 medium carrots, sliced on an angle thinly
1 large celery stalk, sliced on an angle thinly
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch green onions, sliced on an angle thinly
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bit sized pieces
1/4 cup sour cream
1/8 cup Bleu Cheese crumbles
1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/8 cup rice flour
1 + 1 teaspoon Ranch seasoning
2 tablespoons Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
2 +1 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Avocado oil
Fresh ground Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
Fresh ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sour cream, hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash potatoes and dry well.
- Slice potatoes into even size sticks.
- Toss potato sticks with avocado oil and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Arrange potato sticks in a single layer on the cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Toss again with 1 teaspoon of Ranch seasoning and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- While frites are baking, prepare chicken.
- In a ziplock bag combine the rice flour and 1 teaspoon of Ranch Seasoning.
- Add chicken pieces and coat well.
- In a cast iron skillet melt the butter.
- Add chicken pieces and brown well on all sides.
- When chicken is almost done move to outer edges of pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter more to center along with onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Mix together veggies and chicken pieces.
- Drain in a colander of any excess oil.
- Toss chicken mixture with sour cream mixture.
- Plate crisp frites.
- Top with a scoop of chicken mixture.
- Top with cheese crumbles and ENJOY!