This combination is perfect together. I prepare all the ingredients before I begin. I then assemble the omelet and while it is baking I prepare the hash browns. They are almost always done at the same time which makes it perfect in my book.
I broke down this recipe to a per person portion so you can make as few or as many as you want easily.
BAKED OMELETS aka CRUSTLESS QUICHE BASIC EGG MIXTURE per person
1/8 cup whole milk
1/8 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
Fillings to taste**
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill bottom with your favorites.
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream and milk.
- Pour over fillings.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Invert onto plate and enjoy.
**I usually use bacon, mushrooms, sliced green onions, red onions, cheddar, swiss and tomato.
NOTE: When using meats, make sure they are pre-cooked.
PAPRIKA CHEESE HASH BROWNS
4 cups shredded or finely chopped potatoes, dry well with paper towels
4-6 tablespoons butter
1 small bunch green onions, sliced fine
salt and pepper
1/2 cup finely shredded white cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
- Melt butter in a large skillet* over medium high heat.
- Add potatoes, onions and season well with salt, pepper, celery salt and paprika.
- Brown well.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and fold in.
NOTE: Use a skillet large enough to have a single layer of potatoes. They will brown better if they are not crowded.