Over at Tide & Thyme she had a recipe for Mermaid Margaritas. They’re really good, but hubby wanted to amp it up a bit so we made our own version and are calling them Wave Rocking Mermaids. They are so pretty and all the fruit makes a nice snack too.
WAVE ROCKING MERMAIDS – 4 margaritas.
1 cup margarita mix
1/3 cup Triple Sec
3/4 cup LIME Tequila
1/2 cup Pineapple rum
1/3 cup BLUE Curacao
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon Margarita rim salt
1 tablespoon sanding sugar
1 drop green food color
1 drop blue food color
1 LARGE lemon zested, then juiced
1 lime, zested then sliced
- Combine sugar and lemon zest on a small plate. Add 1 drop of food coloring. Mix well using a fork.
- Combine salt and lime zest on a small plate. Add 1 drop of the opposite food color. Mix well using a fork.
- Combine sugar and salt on a small plate. Mix well using a fork, and set aside.
- In a large pitcher combine the margarita mix, Triple Sec, lime tequila, pineapple rum, Blue Curacao, lemon juice and tablespoon of sugar, stirring to blend well.
- Wet the rim of each glass using a lime wedge.
- Dip the rim into the sugar-salt combo.
- Fill glasses with ice, and then the margarita mixture.
- Skewer a pineapple wedge, lemon slice and maraschino cherry onto your bamboo pick and stick it into the margarita for garnish.
NOTE: For a sweeter punch, add a Grenadine float just before serving.
NOTE: To keep your drink from watering down with ice melt, chill your pitcher for an hour or so before serving.