CHICKEN AND ONIONS in WHITE WINE CREAM SAUCE
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup Wondra flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 small white onion, sliced and split into rings
1/3 cup white wine
2 tablespoons dried parsley
3/4 cup whipping cream
- In a shallow bowl sift together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture and pat firm caking the flour into all the crevices.
- In a large skillet heat together the butter and avocado oil.
- Saute’ the onion rings until browned and beginning to caramelize.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and onions and set aside.
- Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes until heated through.
- Add the parsley and whipping cream, cooking over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Serve over chicken and mashed potatoes.
- Top with the onions.