1 tablespoon salt
5 cups small shell pasta*
1 1/4 cups penne pasta*
1 cup egg noodles*
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 small cans tuna in water, drained WELL
1 cups sweet pickle juice**
1 3/4 cups mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups sweet pickles
1 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons dried tarragon leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Bring a LARGE pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add all of your pastas and cook for about 8-10 minutes until al dente.
- Drain pasta and cool by running cold water over pasta in strainer.
- Drain pasta completely and immediately coat with canola oil to prevent sticking.
- Drain pickles, reserving juice and chop pickles.
- Drain tuna completely and use a fork to break apart into flakes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, pickle juice, vinegar, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Fold in tuna and pickles into dressing.
- Combine the dressing and cooked pasta, mixing thoroughly.
- ALLOW SALAD TO MARINATE FOR 8 HOURS!
NOTE 1*: or 2 pounds of your desired pasta mix
NOTE 2**: One small jar of sweet pickles contains about 1 cup of juice