1 tablespoon salt
5 cups small shell pasta*
1 1/4 cups penne pasta*
1 cup egg noodles*
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 small cans tuna in water, drained WELL
1 1/2 cups sweet pickles with their juice
1 3/4 cups Duke’s mayonnaise
1 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons dried tarragon leaves
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
chopped red onion
- Bring a LARGE pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add all of your pastas and cook for about 8-10 minutes until al dente.
- Drain pasta and cool by running cold water over pasta in strainer.
- Drain pasta completely and immediately coat with canola oil to prevent sticking.
- Drain pickles, reserving juice and chop pickles.
- Drain tuna completely and use a fork to break apart into flakes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, pickle juice, vinegar, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Fold in tuna and pickles into dressing.
- Combine the dressing and cooked pasta, mixing thoroughly.
- ALLOW SALAD TO MARINATE FOR 8 HOURS!
- Serve over a bed of lettuce with chopped red onion and tomatoes.
NOTE 1*: or 2 pounds of your desired pasta mix
ORIGINALLY posted 9-16-2017 but needed a serious updated picture!