Do you play games on facebook? I have to admit I do. But, I digress, I play a few of the games while sitting on hold or watching TV late at night. One of the things that came to mind was CAFEWORLD 6-7 years ago and I thought, “are these real recipes?” So, I did a search for some of the cool ones and I did find a recipe for VOODOO CHICKEN SALAD, but it was nothing like I expected so I am made my own!
HOT WING SALAD aka VOODOO CHICKEN SALAD
Romaine Lettuce, torn and washed
1 large Heirloom tomato, diced
1 small red onion, sliced thin
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1/2 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
hidden valley ranch dressing mix (DRY) OR Good Seasons Italian dressing mix (DRY)
1 teaspoon lime juice
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 batch Bleu Cheese Dressing
1/2 cup crumbled Bleu Cheese
- I prepare the chicken breasts the same as you would HOT WINGS.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces.
- Mix together the flour and seasonings in a plastic ziploc bag. Using a ziploc bag makes it easy to throw away the whole mess after dredging all the chicken pieces and it helps you coat every possible spot of the chicken pieces.
- Add chicken a few pieces at a time and coat them well. Set chicken pieces aside.
- While you’re doing this, have the butter melting in the pan. Start with 4 tablespoons and add as necessary, but make sure you don’t run out dry.
- Once all the chicken has been dredged start frying. After you have the pan full pepper the pieces again. Don’t turn the chicken until you can see blood. You only need to turn the chicken one time. Brown evenly and then set aside on paper towels until all pieces have been fried.
- As the last batch is frying melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a flat bowl. To that add 1/2 cup of Frank’s hot sauce. Whisk them together well.
- Spray a cookie sheet with PURE.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the hot sauce mixture and put on cookie sheet.
- After you’re all done and if you have hot sauce & butter mixture left, pour a little over the top of each wing.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Toss the torn lettuce, onion and tomatoes with the lemon and lime juice.
- Add cooled chicken pieces and bleu cheese crumbles.
- Pour on the desired amount of dressing and toss well.