24+ tangerines (6 cups sections + 1 1/2 cups juice + 2 cups small cut rind slices)
7 cups sugar
1 cup QUALITY honey
1 liquid pectin pouch (3 ounces)
1 tablespoon butter
- Peel tangerines, reserving rinds for later. Remove loose pith.
- Using a cutting board with a reservoir to catch the juices, cut sections into small chopped pieces. You should have 6 cups of chopped fruit.
- Pour off juice to measure. Off set with FRESH squeezed juice to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Slice rinds into VERY thin strips until you have 2 cups worth.
- Add fruit, juice, rinds, sugar and honey to large stock pot. Bring to a FULL ROLLING boil.
- Add pectin continuing to boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in butter and skim any remaining froth.
- Immediately ladle into hot sterilized jars.
- Process in water bath for 15 minutes.
- Cool jars inverted on a towel until cool.
NOTE: 1 bag of Cuties has about 30 tangerines in it.