BAKED HAM with CHERRY SAUCE
8-10 pound bone-in cooked ham
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons PURE maple syrup
1 teaspoon creamy horseradish
1 LARGE orange
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cold water
1 can undrained pitted dark sweet cherries
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Using a sharp knife score the ham in a diamond pattern 1/4 inch deep.
- Mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup and creamy horseradish. Rub all over ham making sure to get it deep into the slits.
- Push cloves into the orange rind and place orange in roaster next to ham.*
- Bake covered and undisturbed for 2 hours (15 minutes per pound) until thermometer reads 140°.
NOTE: Make sure it is a LARGE and JUICY orange. This will help keep the ham moist.
- In a small saucepan whisk together the cornstarch, sugar and water until smooth.
- Stir in cherries and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve over ham.