This is a super fun recipe in that the batter and fruit actually trade places during the baking process ending with a crunchy biscuit topping over sweet, juicy fruit. My favorite flavor is peach, but it works just as well with cherries, blackberries, blueberries, apples or ANY fruit combo you can think of!
8 cups about 10 peaches peeled and sliced OR 32 ounces of sliced frozen peaches, thawed
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
In a large mixing bowl toss peaches with 2 and cinnamon and set aside.
12 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl whisk together the butter, flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Layer evenly with peach slices.
- Bake for 1 hour or until browned and bubbly.
NOTE: You can use other fruits, but omit the cinnamon if using berries such as blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.