HOMESTYLE CHICKEN & MUSHROOMS ala SLOW COOKER serves 4-6
4 THICK boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin steaks OR 8 thighs
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope LIPTON french onion soup
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced (keep whites and greens separate)
- Whisk together the canned soup, pepper and the dry soup mix.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread soup mixture into slow cooker.
- Add chicken and turn to coat well.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
- Add green onion whites and mushrooms.
- Cook another 30 minutes.
- JUST before serving stir in sour cream.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
- Garnish with greens from the green onions and bacon pieces.
NOTES: The sauce seems super thick when you first begin the recipe, but don’t worry it thins out during the cooking time to the perfect consistency.