GRAN’S CORN PUDDING
4 LARGE eggs
1 cup WHOLE milk
1-15 ½ ounce cream style corn
1 can white shoepeg corn, drained well
5 slices day old STALE or toasted sourdough bread without crusts
½ cup sugar
1-2 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced or cubed small
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add the corn and sugar, blending well.
- Cut the bread into ½ inch cubes.
- Arrange bread cubes in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour corn mixtures over bread cubes.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered 60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
NOTE: When I prepared this tonight I didn’t realize we were out of sourdough so I use a rye with caraway seeds that actually added some seriously GREAT flavor.