4 LARGE beets
¾ cup apple cider vinegar
¾ cup water
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wash and trim beets, but leave 2-3 inches of tails on.
- Cover baking sheet with foil and LIGHTLY spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 35 minutes until fork tender.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Trim again and rub off outer skin.
- Slice ¼ inch thick or julienne and place in canning jar.
- Whisk together water, vinegar, sugar and sea salt in saucepan until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Pour over beets and seal jars.