MONKEY BREAD MUFFINS
1 cup toasted walnut pieces
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided 6 + 4
1 ¼ pounds Bridgford rolls, thawed
¾ cup sugar
1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
²⁄³ cup packed brown sugar
¹⁄³ cup molasses
PINCH sea salt flakes
- Coat muffin tin holes with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of the walnut pieces evenly among the muffin tin holes.
- In a medium bowl toss the rolls in 4 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- In another bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Add the rolls one at a time, tossing in the cinnamon mixture until well coated.
- Place one roll in each muffin tin.
- Top evenly with remaining walnut pieces.
- In a small sauce pan combine the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter, molasses, brown sugar and sea salt.
- Cook over medium heat, abut 5 minutes, until well blended and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon over each roll.
- Cover loosely with saran wrap and chill at least 8 hours.
- Remove pan from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking and let stand at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place muffin tin on a baking sheet to catch any drips and bake 20 minutes until rolls are puffed and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and let stand 5 minutes on cooling rack.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Invert muffin tin and spoon any remaining syrup over muffins and arrange on platter.
- Best served warm.