BLACK BEAN, BEEF & POTATO ENCHILADAS
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 pound chuck roast
2 1/4 cups enchilada sauce (see recipe below)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can original ROTEL tomatoes, drained well
1 large russet potato, baked
8 flour tortillas
1 cup salsa
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
FRESH ground salt and pepper to taste
Chopped black olives and onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season chuck roast on all sides.
- Heat avocado oil in dutch oven.
- Sear chuck roast on all sides
- Add onions to pan, top with 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, cover and bake 2 hours until meat is easily shredable. Shred meat into sauce.
- Add black beans and rotel tomatoes to the meat mixture.
- Wash and dry potato. Bake potato until tender along side the dutch oven.
- Cool potato enough to e able to handle it. Peel off skin and coarsely chop.
- Ladle 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Divide potato among the tortillas and top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Add about a 1/2 cup of the meat mixture.
- Fold sides over the filling and roll up placing seam side down in baking dish. Repeat.
- Top tortillas with remaining meat and sauce, brushing to cover the tops.
- Bake covered for 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes more until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and Serve.
NOTE: You can easily replace the potato with rice of choice for a change.