ASIAN CHICKEN ALA SLOW COOKER serves 4
adapted from Karina at CafeDelites
2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts and chicken thighs
1/2 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1/3 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup QUALITY honey
3 packed tablespoons brown sugar
6 large garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
1 small bunch green onions/scallions sliced for garnish
1 tablespoons white and black sesame seeds, to garnish
- Spray your slow cooker bowl with non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the liquid aminos, oyster sauce, honey, brown sugar and garlic.
- Place chicken into the sauce, turning to coat.
- Layer chicken pieces into slow cooker in a single layer if possible.
- Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low setting.
- During the last hour of cooking, whisk together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the sauce until well blended.
- Recover and allow sauce to thicken and the chicken is just beginning to fall apart.
- Season with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.