ARROZ con POLLO con QUESO Servings 4-6
A Mexican food lovers dream comes true with this abbreviated short cut version PERFECT for any weeknight meal, but as satisfying as grandma’s Sunday dinner. I serve this with charred corn, but many times everyone just mixes it all together 😀 YUMMY!
4 slices bacon, diced
1 tablespoon avocado oil (if necessary)
4 large boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bit sized pieces
1 tablespoon KINDERS taco seasoning
1 tablespoon KINDERS fajita seasoning
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups INSTANT white rice
1 cup ON THE BORDER queso blanco
1 cup ON THE BORDER salsa
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
1 can HATCH chopped Green Chiles
3 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 cups Mexican taco blend cheese
- In a mixing bowl, toss chicken pieces with taco and fajita seasonings until well coated. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper toweling.
- Add oil to bacon drippings (if necessary) to equal 2 tablespoons.
- Add chicken pieces and all loose seasoning to sizzling skillet, sautéing until cooked through and tender.
- While chicken is cooking, add heavy cream and rice to a saute pan, stirring to combine. Bring JUST to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add quest, salsa, green chiles and cilantro, simmering 5 minutes until rice is tender and fluffy.
- Stir in most of the bacon pieces, tomatoes and green onions. Saving the remainder for garnish.
- Nestle chicken pieces into the rice.
- Top with cheese.
- Broil 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Garnish and serve.