PUMPKIN PECAN BUTTER CAKE with CARAMEL SAUCE & CINNAMON PECANS
1 Betty Crocker SuperMoist BUTTER PECAN cake mix
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 LARGE Egg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line the bottom of your 10 inch spring form pan with parchment paper. I cut a square sheet and close it into the seam of the bottom with the latch and then trim into a circle. Lightly spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, melted butter and egg until well blended.
- Press batter into the bottom of your spring form pan.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
15 ounce can pumpkin puree
8 tablespoons UNSALTED butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
1/2 teaspoon orange peel
3 LARGE eggs
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Caramel sauce (recipe below)
Candied pecans (I used Fisher’s Cinnamon Pecans)
Kraft Caramel Balls
Smucker’s Pineapple Sauce, slightly warmed (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add melted butter, vanilla and eggs, beating until well combined.
- Fold in powdered sugar, orange peel and pumpkin pie spice until just mixed.
- Pour batter over cake base and smooth even.
- Bake 60-75 minutes until cake is set and top is only slightly wobbly (similar to a cheesecake consistency).
- COOL COMPLETELY on a wire rack BEFORE removing the pan.
- Serve sliced with Caramel sauce, pineapple sauce, caramel balls and pecans.
NOTE: You can use a 9×13 pan, but, YOU WILL NEED LESS BAKING TIME!
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
2+ tablespoons water
- Combine the cream and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a medium saucepan cook the corn syrup over a medium heat until bubbly.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of the sugar and continue to cook until the edges begin to turn a light amber color.
- Add in 1/4 cup sugar more and repeat until all the sugar is blended in.
- Continue cooking until amber color darkens stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and carefully fold in the cream mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until caramel is bubbling.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Microwave 20-30 seconds to soften refrigerated caramel before serving.