Who doesn’t love a bowl full of the ultimate comfort food? You guessed it, deep dish layered taco pie.
Especially if you add some homemade salsa, some Mexican sour cream and maybe some cilantro…
1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or a COMBO of ground pork and beef)
2 tablespoons KINDERS taco seasoning
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chiles, drained well
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup biscuit mix
1 cup WHOLE milk
3 LARGE eggs
Sour cream, for garnish
Chopped green onions, for garnish
Salsa, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Spray a 9″ deep baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground beef, browning until the beef is no longer pink and crumbled small.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add in the taco seasoning and Rotel, mixing well and heating through.
- Spread the beef mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the biscuit mix, milk and eggs.
- Pour evenly over the beef and cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the middle of the pie is set and the top is golden brown.
- Serve immediately garnishing as desired.